Ten Pin Bowling
The Pattaya Sports Club Bowling Chairman organizes two leagues each year. The teams are selected by a blind draw at the start of each league so that team members change each league. Starting date of each league is flexible depending on number of bowler available.
- Each team normally consists of four to five players, allowing approximately 8 teams. Bowling starts every Friday at 2:00 p.m. at the PS Bowl, located at Pattaya Klang and Second Road . Bowlers must be PSC members.
- Each bowler pays 220 Baht to La prior to bowling. All money remaining after payment to the Pattaya Bowl is deposited to the PSC bowling fund. This fund covers the cost of trophies and the end of league parties. Trophies are awarded to members of the first place, second place, and third place teams.
- Trophies are also awarded to men and women’s high game scratch, high game handicap, high series scratch, and high series handicap. The parties are great and all the bowlers dress up for this occasion. All food and drinks are free.
- From time to time bowling shirts are purchased from the bowling fund and given to regular bowlers.
- If you are a PSC member and would like to bowl with the Friday League as a spare, just show up at PS Bowl at 1:45 p.m. and see La. She will assign you to a team as a spare, tell you which lane to play in, and all you have to do is enjoy your game. You don’t even have to be a good bowler to play as the maximum handicap is 40 for men and 45 for ladies. Beginners even have a chance!
- Your PSC Bowling Chairman also maintains bowling handicaps. Bowlers returning from the previous league bowl with their old handicap for three games. After that, a new handicap is calculated. All handicaps are based on a score of 180 pins per game. If a bowler bowls 180 each game, his or her handicap would be zero. If a bowler bowls an average of 160, he or she would have a handicap of 20. A minimum of nine games is required to establish a handicap.