Silver Tee Rules
‘Silver’ Tees were introduced for the benefit of the retired older golfers here in Pattaya to encourage them to continue playing despite loss of distance caused by advancing years or physical infirmity. The key factor is that no hole or holes should be ‘unplayable’ due to the required carry over water hazards etc.
Currently, players wishing to change from the Regular Men’s tees to play from the Silver/Senior Tees will have to qualify under the following criteria.
- Players should be a minimum of 70 years and have a current Handicap Index not less than 24.
- The primary consideration for approval is distance / carry. The longest carry required in the Chonburi area is 150 yards and this should be the ‘standard’ guideline. All other golf skill issues are managed and controlled by the existing handicap system, ie Course Rating, Slope Rating and playing off ‘Different Tee’ calculations.
- The player must complete an application form available from the PSC office, having been assessed for suitability by the Member Group Organiser and another member of the same group who is familiar with the person’s playing ability. The form should be signed by all three, then submitted to the PSC Office for approval from the Golf Chairman or PSC Handicap Secretary.
- Once the application has been approved the player may play off the Silver Tees using his current Handicap Index less 4 shots for the following 6 rounds, after which time his Index will be reviewed by the Handicap Secretary in discussion with the Group Organiser and adjusted as required, if deemed necessary.
- In the absence of Silver Tee Boxes or Markers the player will play two metres behind the Red Tee Markers. If playing from 2 metres behind the Red Markers, please ensure you mark your card as the Silver Tee. Red Tees are not rated for men and any scores which have been entered incorrectly, will be changed to Silver Tees.
- Currently, only the Silver Tees have been rated for Senior Players and no enhancement of Rating and Slope will be permitted if electing to play from a Regular Tee.