THE GROWLING SWAN DO IT AGAIN
Their donations have now exceeded 92,000 baht within the last 18 months. Not a large charity set up but a golf bar right here in Pattaya…..The Growling Swan. Just a bunch of farangs enjoying their golf and enjoy nothing better than to support underprivileged children in the area. Their most recent activities have been:
1. A large trampoline for Mercy Pattaya and the 25 children that are resident at the centre.
2. A water filtration system for school No. 9 whose existing system had exceeded its sell by date and was no longer a reliable sauce of clean water.
3. Swim wear, including goggles and hats, for the Father Ray Foundation’s younger children.
4. Sports equipment for 4 schools in the backwoods of Pattaya which has children from poor families but just loved playing sport.
How do they it? It is all the responsibility of Deefa The Dog. Small fines are imposed for the slightest indiscretion like spilling your beer, arriving late, forgetting some equipment and losing a ball in the water. The penalties are paid with a good heart and visits are well supported by the golfers the most recent event being No. 4 above.
A table tennis table, balls for football, volleyball, basketball, takrow plus nets for the goals to put an end to those little problems about whether it would have been a goal or not. 6 members of The Growling Swan, escorted by representatives from Pattaya Sports Club and YWCA, spent a very enjoyable 2 hours being entertained by the children. Refreshments on arrival, dancing boys and girls and a football match between the 4 schools receiving the equipment, supported by cheer leaders, that were both energetic and vocal which would have made any American football team proud. Preliminary games were completed before our arrival and we were pleased to be invited to see the final which displayed some brilliant individual skills. Mayor of Nongplalai, Khun Phinyo, presented the trophy to the winners and other trophies were presented by Peter Grey and Peter Blackburn of The Growling Swan.
Well done to all the members of The Growing Swan for their generosity and I am sure there will many more donations to come.
2nd February 2014.
1. Members of The Growling Swan and PSC relax before the big game.
2. Thai dancers entertained while we were waiting.
3. Some of the equipment donated.
4. Peter Blackburn distributes the equipment
5. The Mayor presents the trophy to the winners
6. Peter Grey hands over a runners up trophy
7. All the players say thank you to The Growling Swan.